Friday, June 10, 2011

A Very Boring Age

This week I turned 31. Not much to say about 31 except that it means I am officially in my 30's. I'm not sure how I feel about this, it may be a little depressing. Some older, wiser women in my life have said "That's great! Your 30's are wonderful, so young! So vibrant! This is the best time of your life!" I am taking that into consideration.

I was so lucky to have the lovely mother group I hang out with on Wednesday surprise me with a beautiful brunch birthday party. They showered me with flowers, food, champagne, and cake. What else could you possibly want for a birthday morning?


Last night I went out with Francisco and my best friend Jane for a rocking dinner at Mama Iguanas in Northampton. It was restaurant week in Noho so there was a bit of a wait, but the margaritas at that place go down so easy it makes the time fly by. I did feel a twinge of regret this morning at around 3am when I awoke doubled over with stomach pain. Maybe next time just chips and salsa with the tequila and not a 3 course meal. I think it was the chocolate cornbread pudding that did me in. Overkill.

I feel good, healthy, happy, if not just the littlest bit hungover. I spent today gardening and turning the yard into my own private Eden, thank you Dad and Mom for the gift of perennials for my birthday. It's looking good.

Thank you everyone for making 31 feel a little less scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment