Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Chaos Behind Us

Well, once again, Christmas has come and gone in the blink of an eye. So much build up it is almost impossible not to feel disappointed when this magical day melts away. Not so much magic for me this year, mostly work, although I did enjoy myself for the most part.

Christmas morning felt more rushed and harried than it has in a long time. I don't know what happened but I think I was too tired and lost my bossy mojo, and the people ripped open their gifts in about 20 minutes and then it was done. I couldn't get it together to make breakfast as I usually do, but just went back to bed around noon. The rest of the day felt disorganized and weird, cumulating with a welcomed trip to the movies this evening, and then off to work the overnight shift. Kind of scattered and chaotic, which is not how we normally roll.

I think it is the adjustment to having our holidays in our new house, the routine is off. It was all fine, but somehow I didn't have the same contented feeling I usually have after Christmas. This year I just secretly wanted it to be over. Maybe I'm just getting older and this is what my parents experienced. Bummer.

I did get a stunning new computer, and some beautiful coffee mugs, which I am very grateful for. My children were happy, albeit exhausted and a little crazy. I am just thinking that maybe next year we should opt for the Caribbean instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment