Saturday, June 2, 2012

Colorful Appreciation

We are up to our eyeballs in paint! We closed on our new house on Wednesday and have been working ever since to make the place beautiful. I must say, it's looking pretty freaking good (before and after pics will be taken after completion). Our living room is a beautiful spring green, the kitchen a sunny yellow, soft blue bathrooms, and the mudroom a bright refreshing orange. Anyone who knows me and Francisco knows that we are anything but beige. I had originally planned a bunch of neutral earthtones, but I couldn't go through with it. I need color to brighten up our lives, so much of my mood is affected by my surroundings, why not make our new home cheerful?

We are not done yet, but I am flabbergasted by our progress. For this I have to thank my lovely, generous friends. Several gracious souls have shown up on our doorstep and been happily put to work, dancing to the beat and rolling out the colors. Francisco and I have both been overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. It really is amazing how fast things get done when there are many hands working together. I think we'll be moving in sooner than we thought! Can't wait to have our first BBQ to show our appreciation for all the love flowing our way...

No comments:

Post a Comment