Thursday, May 22, 2014

Hitting My Stride

So it's been just over six weeks since I began this new lifestyle overhaul (see previous post here) and I have to say I am pretty happy with the way things have been turning out. I have lost 14 lbs so far, and have actually, shockingly, taken up running. I don't know if "taken up" is actually the term I would use for huffing along with a cherry red face, pausing every 10 minutes or so to pant heavily in a doubled over position for several minutes as my dog looks downright embarrassed, but we'll go with that for now. It is, for sure, the most I have ever done about my weight/ health/ well being in my entire life, and that makes me feel like a rock star.

I am shocked to report that it's actually not that hard. I mean that in the most liberal sense though, as I assumed that giving up my bagel-based diet and strict policy of never getting up would feel like my arms being torn from my torso. Come to find out (and you will find this insane), I actually feel freaking amazing the more I don't retreat into my own bad habits. I have energy like never before (and all the ladies at work scoff, as they think I am the most energetic person on the face of the earth). But this energy is different. Not a caffeine or sugar-fueled burst that would charge me through life for an hour at a time, only to have me lying prone in a coma when it ends. Now I just feel really really good most of the time, and that is beyond my wildest dreams.

I realize that this probably comes as a no-brainer to all of you thin and fit people out there. But for those of you who have struggled with weight and terrible habits, I know you feel this. I am deathly terrified that this good streak is going to end, and I will tumble off the wagon onto a sidewalk made of quesadillas and inactivity. I don't yearn to be thin (although I am not complaining about my new found ability to button my pants), but I do want to keep up with my children and be the happy, healthy mom that they deserve. So I will set my alarm for 5 am tomorrow and head out to keep on huffing and puffing my way to a new me.

1 comment:

  1. Acute Trek Pvt. Ltd. an indoor outdoor trekking and tours operative company takes you that further way to guarantee you has an unforgettable adventure Trekking in Nepal that you have been dream with Acute trek is part of your choice. We have your choose of trekking for 3 days or 30 or more days it depending of your timetable, sleep under lodges or tent. We always respect our duty to constantly your holiday satisfaction in Nepal. Whether you are looking for a quiet gateway, a memorable Hiking in Nepal outing with a family or an exciting nature adventure in Treks Himalaya. We offer you with the best progressive information and itinerary leading focused and modified as per your requirements. It is significant to memorize, though, it necessitate an enough level of physical homework and must remembers that there is also a psychosomatic assurance in walking in mountains. Acute trek is an attempt to encourage Nepal to the exterior world while striving to defend an aged tradition as well as conserve the surroundings for generation to come. Acute Trek specialize in organize Nepal travel activities excursion such as:- Trekking, Helicopter Tour, Peak Climbing, Mountain Flight, Honeymoon Tour, Sightseeing, Rafting, Jungle Safari, Pilgrim’s Tour, Hotel Reservation, Air Ticket, Tibet and Bhutan Tour many more your vacation desire.

    ReplyDelete