Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Last Straw

I was chatting with a friend of mine at work tonight about things about our husbands that make us crazy. She says that her ex-husband's loud coffee stirring was the straw that broke the proverbial camel (or wife's) back, and sent her running for a divorce. Another friend says that her husband shovels their stuff into drawers and closets to get the appearance of cleanliness in their house, making it impossible to find anything.

My husband doesn't have me running for the door at this point, but there is one creepy horrible habit that I have to get off my chest (and man am I glad that he doesn't read my blog). Here it is...

He eats almost every meal with his hands.

There, I said it. Rice, chicken, beans, you name it, he shovels it in by the finger full, and I get nauseous every time I witness it. He saves this display for meals that are just the family, so I get a full viewing of the finger food all the time. Nothing else grosses me out quite so marvelously, and I am convinced he does it all the more to piss me off.

What's your spousal pet peeve?

1 comment:

  1. OH my, I am getting nauseous just thinking about that. I have a pal who I have lunch with every week, and he uses his fingers to push the food on to the fork, causing me to gag/look away/ gag repeatedly. I can't bring myself to tell him how much is bugs me!

    ReplyDelete